Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Last night.

Last night when my host sister came home, she told me that her mom was in the hospital. Something about high blood pressure? Around five that evening, Larisa (host mom) started walking to the metro to go to the doctor because she didn't feel well. Then she started feeling really bad and just walked straight into the nearby hospital instead. They hooked her up to an IV and tried a couple different medications, but they didn't help. The hospital contacted Larisa's doctor so he's on it. She spent the night at the hospital and, as far as I know, she's still there. Lesya, my host sister, seems to be doing ok. Her dad died just a few years ago, so I could see this being really scary for her. We talked about it, and she's just trying to keep the anxiety down. Her godmother is helping out, taking Lesya to the hospital and to school. Hopefully everything will be ok.

On a different note...I saw Granny last night! This is truly momentous, believe me. Besides the bathroom, there are four rooms in our house. I have only seen two of them, the sitting/computer/dining room and our bedroom. I haven't even seen into the kitchen or Granny's room. Think Beauty and the Beast with the forbidden West Wing. I've been here for more than two weeks without seeing Granny, even though she never leaves the house. But last night I was out in the hall when I heard a door creak open. I looked around the corner and saw Granny, alive and standing, silhouetted in her doorway! I don't think she saw me, but I definitely peeked from behind a door trying to get a better look at her. I feel like I've just seen Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster--everybody says she's there, but few can say they've actually seen her.

Also: I just noticed that one of the cats has a dreadlock under its chin. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails